Three Merry Berry Mocktail
- In a pan add the water, cinnamon stick, cinnamon powder, star anise, cloves and honey.
- Bring the mixture to boil, once boiling reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until all the honey has melted.
- Remove the honey syrup from the heat and leave to cool.
- Once syrup has cooled strain it into a clean jar. Measure out 25 ml for the mocktail and refrigerate the rest for future use
- Hull and roughly chop 2 strawberries and put it into a cocktail shaker, add 6 raspberries and 6 blackberries, orange and lime zest.
- With the help of a wooden muddler crush the berries.
- To the crushed berries add the apple and raspberry juice, apple juice, 25 ml spiced honey syrup, the lime juice and ice. Shake the mocktail and double strain it to remove any seeds.
- Take two serving glasses, coat the outer rim of them with the honey syrup and dip them in pink sugar crystals to form a pink rim. Shake off access sugar.
- Dice two strawberries and add them to the 2 glasses.
- Add two whole raspberries and two whole blackberries and a slice of orange to each glass
- Gently pour the prepared mocktail to the glass and top it with some soda water.
- Decoratively cut two slices from the 2 remaining strawberries and perch a slice onto the rim of each glass.
- Thread 1 raspberry and 1 blackberry to the star shaped sparkler, place the end of the sparkler into a straw and place the straw into the mocktail.
© 2015, City Connect News. Copyright Notice & Disclaimer are below.