With the weather deciding it’s not quite ready for spring, our poor feet have had to endure months of being covered up in socks, opaque tights and heavy boots, our feet are crying out for a breath of fresh air.
But as the warmer months arrive, so our feet could do with a well deserved overhaul. If your feet are in a bit of a sorry state at the moment and are suffering from callouses, corns, athletes foot etc. then you should make an appointment with a chiropodist, or there are treatments you can buy over the counter at your local chemist. Sort the problem out first before you going to the next step of your foot care.
There are two ways you can treat your feet, you could go to a Beauty Salon and have a luxury pedicure, or give yourself one in the comfort of your home
1. Remove any nail polish from toe nails
2. Trim your nails, cut straight across (the reason being you do not want to create any ingrown toenails then use a nail file (filing straight across- you don’t want jagged edges)
3. Soak your feet in a warm foot spa , then using a body or foot exfoliater – remove surface dead skin all around the whole foot area, if you have a lot of hard skin around the side of the toe, heels or balls of the feet – use a foot file or pumice stone to remove excess dead skin
4. Apply cuticle cream massaging into the cuticles
5. Place one foot back into the foot spa for a few seconds and soak then repeat with other foot
6. With a hoof stick, gently push cuticles back using circular movements
7. Give your feet a well deserved nourish by applying a rich moisturiser and massage the whole foot
8. Before applying nail polish remove excess lotion from the toe nails with a nail polish remover
9 . Apply a base coat (this prevents any staining to the nails)
10. Now apply two coats of your favourite nail colour ( leave enough time between each coat) and finish off with a super glossy top coat , this ensures your nail polish will last longer and nails look gorgeous. Nail colours on trend at the moment are pink, fuschia, mauve, tangerine, blue and green.
Indulge in a paraffin wax foot spa, the end result is really smooth soft feet. Your hands would benefit as well.
If you’re a mature lady, fuschia pink looks youthful on toenails.
You should moisturise your feet after a bath to keep them soft all year round.
If you notice any nail discolouration/ridges/warts or anything that you’re not quite sure of, seek medical advice.
So go on draw attention to your feet in a good way, get your feet out and make them worthy of those sandals or gorgeous strappy shoes you have just invested in.
That goes for you guys out there too… but of course omit the strappy heels and nail polish!!!
Image reproduced from ocmommag.com
© 2019, City Connect News. Copyright Notice & Disclaimer are below.