A burst of summer freshnessÂ folded into smooth creamy yoghurt.
Preparation Time – 10 minutesÂ (plus 2 hours draining time)
240 ml natural low fat yoghurt
240 grams mixed berries- raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.
2Â tablespoon icing sugar orÂ to taste
1. Place a muslin cloth in a colander and pour the yoghurt into it, leave to drain out the water for 1-2 hours. (This is called hung yoghurt)
2. Chop up half the berries and put them in a blender, coarse blend them.
3. Transfer the yoghurt to a bowl and add the icing sugar, fold in the blended berries.
4. Transfer to individual serving dishes and garnish with remaining berries.
Creamy and delicious spicy yoghurt and coconut chutney.
Preparation time- 10 minutes
170 grams (1 small Â tub) Chobani NaturalÂ low fat Yoghurt ( or anyÂ GreekÂ yoghurt)
30 grams Â / 1 oz Â dessicated coconut
1 green chilli finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 curry leaves
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 tablespoon sunflower oil
1/2 teaspoon urad dhal
1 red dried chilli
1. Put the yoghurt in a bowl, add to it the finely chopped chilli, dessicated coconut and the salt and mix well.
2. Transfer the yoghurt mix to a serving bowl.
3. Heat oil in a pan , when it is hot add the mustard seeds, dried chilli, urad dhal and curry leaves.
4. Wait for the tempering to splutter and immediately pour the tempering onto the yoghurt mixture.
Serve as a dip with some poppadoms, tortilla chips or potato crisps
A rich and creamy yoghurt and cucumber dip flavoured with garlic .
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Chilling Time – 1 hour
500g Total 0% fat Greek yoghurt
Â½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 pinch paprika powder
1. Empty one pot of Total o% fat Greek yoghurt in to a bowl and mix well.
2. Peel the cucumber and cut in half, remove the seeds and grate the cucumber.
3. Squeeze the grated cucumber to remove surplus liquid..
4. Peel the garlic and finely mince it to a smooth paste.
5. To the yoghurt add the cucumber,the garlic and olive oil and salt and mix well.
6.Transfer to a serving bowl,cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Before serving sprinkle with a pinch of paprika powder.
Serve with warm toasted pitta bread or crackers.