A tornado of tropical flavours bursting to cool and refresh your palate and quench your thirst.
Preparation time – 10 mins
100ml coconut water
1 small lime
Lime and pineapple slices for garnish
1. Peel the pineapple and cut into chunks (Reserve some for garnish)
2. Cut a thin slice from the lime and reserve it for garnish. Squeeze the juice from the lime.
3. In a juicer add the pineapple chunks and extract the juice.
4. In a jug add the pineapple juice, lime juice and mix.
5. In a tall glasses add ice cubes and pour the pineapple juice to approx 3/4 full
6. Top the pineapple juice with the coconut water.
7. Garnish with lime slice and pineapple slices.
Thai Mango salad, tropical sharpÂ andÂ tangy mango balanced with sweet coconut in a sweetÂ andÂ sour and spicy dressing.Â
Preparation time – 10 minutes
I large green mango
60g / 2oz fresh grated coconut
2 red chillies cut into thin strips
1 red sweet pepper cut into thin strips
1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander leaves
1 small red sweet onion cut into very thin slices
1 tablespoon soya sauce(replacing fish sauce)
1 tablespoon sweet Thai chilli sauce(replacing shrimp paste
1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 redÂ chilliÂ finely chopped
1. Peel the mangoÂ andÂ remove the stone, using a mandolin slice the mango into long thin ribbons (alternately you can grate it or cut it into juliennes) Add it to a large bowl.
2. Add the red chilli, red pepper, half the coriander , onion Â and half the coconut to the mango and toss well.
3. Add all the ingredients in the dressing list to a jar with a screw topÂ andÂ mix well.
4. Pour the dressing over the saladÂ andÂ toss well.
5. Transfer the salad to a serving dishÂ andÂ garnish with remaining coconut and coriander.