A delicious and spicy potato salad with a hint of cumin and lemon.
Preparation Time-20 minutes
Cooking time- 20 minutes
4 medium sized potatoes
1 tablespoon Harissa paste
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Boil the potatoes and when they have cooled Â slightly peel them.
2. Dice the potatoes into 1 inch pieces and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan , when it warms up add the harissa, cumin and salt.Â SautÃ©Â for a minute or two for theÂ spices to release flavour.Add the lemon juice and stir it in.
4. Add the diced potatoesÂ andÂ toss to coat the potatoes with the spice mixture.
5. Transfer to a serving dish.
Serve warm or cold.
Red Chori-Adzuki beans-Low in cholesterol , high in protein this bean has a rich nutty flavour.When cookedÂ with aromatic spices Adzuki beansÂ makes a deliciousÂ rich and creamy curry .
Preparation time -Â 20 minutes
Cooking timeÂ -20 minutes
2 cans precooked Adzuki beans
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
2 medium tomatoes blended to a puree
1 teaspoon tomato puree
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Open the cans of beans and transfer them to a large bowl.
2. In a pan heat the oil, when it isÂ Â hot add the mustard seeds, once they begin to splutter add the garlic paste and sauteÂ for few minutes.
4. Add the blended tomatoes, tomato puree, salt,coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric and chilli powder.
5. Cook the gravy till tomatoes and spices in fuse and tomatoes start to separate the oil.
6. Add the pre cookedÂ beans in to the tomato gravy. Add the water and stir well.
7. Simmer for 5 minutes. The curry should have a thick gravy. Add a little more water if needed.
8. Garnish with green chillies and lemon slices.
ServeÂ the curry topped with a squeeze of lemon juice with hot chappatis or nan bread and rice.