A delicious spicy and tasty dip with a smoked flavour.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
I large dutch aubergine
1 red capsicum pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 clove garlic finely minced
Fresh chopped coriander for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to gas 200 degrees C/ 400 degrees F
2. Pierce the aubergine and place it in a baking tray . On the same tray place the red pepper.
3. Bake the aubergine and pepper for 20-25 minutes until soft and charred.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
5. Remove the skin from the aubergine and also the pepper and mash them coarsely alternatively If you want a smooth dip then you can place both ingredients in food processor for a smooth paste.)
6. Transfer the aubergine and pepper to a bowl, add the garlic puree,lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, salt and chilli flakes and mix well.
7.Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander
Serve with crackers or toasted pitta bread.