Preparation time â€“ 15 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Makes about 40 small pizza bites
2 sheets of ready rolled puff pastry
2 tablespoon sun dried tomato paste
2 tablespoons tomato puree
Â½ teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Â¼ teaspoon salt
200 grams grated mature cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 180ÂºC.
2. Oil two baking trays and keep aside.
3. In a bowl add the tomato puree, sun dried tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt and chilli flakes and mix well.
4. Open out the ready rolled puff pastry sheets and spreadÂ the tomato filling evenly over both sheets leaving approximate 1 cm rim at one end.
5. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the tomato spread.
6. Using a pastry brush wet the 1cm rim end.
7. From the opposite end tightly roll the pasty to encase the cheese like a roulade.
8. Press down firmly to seal the wet edge.
9. Cut 1cm thick slices of the pastry roll and place the cut slices onto prepared oiled baking tray. (CoverÂ with cling film and freeze for later use at this stage).
10. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until pizza bites are crisp and golden brown.
11. Remove from oven and immediately transfer to serving plate.
Serve with tomato ketchup or chilli dip.
Delicious savoury bread with italian pizza flavours.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 40 Minutes
240 grams / 8 oz wholemeal flour
240 grams / 8 oz plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Pinch of chilli flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons pizza sauce (homemade or shop bought)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 spring onions finely chopped
6 cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 green pepper finely diced
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/400 degees F
2. Spray/grease the bread tin.
3. In a pan add 1 tablespoon oil and heat it up, fry the onions and green pepper in the oil for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the pizza sauce, salt, chilli flakes and italian seasoning and tomatoes mix well. Remove from heat and cool.
5. In a big bowl, sieve flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add cheese, yogurt, olive oil , vinegar and the vegetable mix and combine with a spoon.
6. Add water little at a time and gently mix everything together. (Only add enough water to make a dropping consistency mixture)
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared bread tin and smooth the top.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Test if done by inserting a skewer in the bread, if it comes out clean it’s ready.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.
Serve with garlic butter.