A delicious spicy and tasty dip with a smoked flavour.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
I large dutch aubergine
1 red capsicum pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 clove garlic finely minced
Fresh chopped coriander for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to gas 200 degrees C/ 400 degrees F
2. Pierce the aubergine and place it in a baking tray . On the same tray place the red pepper.
3. Bake the aubergine and pepper for 20-25 minutes until soft and charred.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
5. Remove the skin from the aubergine and also the pepper and mash them coarsely alternatively If you want a smooth dip then you can place both ingredients in food processor for a smooth paste.)
6. Transfer the aubergine and pepper to a bowl, add the garlic puree,lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, salt and chilli flakes and mix well.
7.Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander
Serve with crackers or toasted pitta bread.
A rich and creamy Mediterranean dip, with a hint of garlic, perfect dip for any snack.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – none
15oz / 450 grams cookedÂ white chickpeas,( precooked in can) rinsed and drained
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
1 tablespoons fresh finely chopped coriander
Pinch of paprika for garnish
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine all the ingredients except the coriander.
2. Puree until the mixture forms Â a Â smooth consistency .
3. Â Fold in the coriander with a fork.
Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with paprika.
Serve as dip with toasted pitta bread cut into strips or fresh vegetable sticks or potato/corn chips.
A rich and creamy yoghurt and cucumber dip flavoured with garlic .
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Chilling Time – 1 hour
500g Total 0% fat Greek yoghurt
Â½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 pinch paprika powder
1. Empty one pot of Total o% fat Greek yoghurt in to a bowl and mix well.
2. Peel the cucumber and cut in half, remove the seeds and grate the cucumber.
3. Squeeze the grated cucumber to remove surplus liquid..
4. Peel the garlic and finely mince it to a smooth paste.
5. To the yoghurt add the cucumber,the garlic and olive oil and salt and mix well.
6.Transfer to a serving bowl,cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Before serving sprinkle with a pinch of paprika powder.
Serve with warm toasted pitta bread or crackers.