Healthy and delicious frozen bananas covered in Â delectable creamy white chocolate and sprinkles.
120 g / 4 oz white chocolate
1. Peel the banana and cut in half.
2. Push a lolly pop stick into the cut end and freeze the bananas for 30 minutes.
3. Melt the chocolateÂ andÂ when it has melted dip the frozen bananas into the chocolate.
4. Shake the extra chocolate off Â and sprinkle chocolate sprinkles all over the white chocolate.
5. Leave to set for 5 minutes before eating.
Crunchy cereal, dry fruits &Â coconut all coated in a golden syrup and scrumptious chocolate.
Preparation time â€“ 20 minutes
480 grams / 16 oz of Kelloggâ€™s special fruit and nut cereal.
30 grams /1 oz butter
60 grams / 2oz desiccated coconut or coconut flakes
120 grams / 4oz mixed chopped nuts (Almonds, cashew, Pistachio, walnuts)
120 grams / 4oz golden syrup
240 grams / 8 oz milk chocolate
60 grams / 2oz cocoa powder
1. Break up the cereal coarsely, add to a large bowl. Add the coconut and nuts and mix.
2. In saucepan add the golden syrup, chocolate, butter, cocoa powder and allow to warm up till chocolate melts. Mix thoroughly. Do not over heat.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and nuts and combine so that everything is coated in chocolate mixture. Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture into cake cases and leave to set. Alternately press into a greased tray and leave to set, once set cut into squares.
A burst of summer freshnessÂ folded into smooth creamy yoghurt.
Preparation Time – 10 minutesÂ (plus 2 hours draining time)
240 ml natural low fat yoghurt
240 grams mixed berries- raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.
2Â tablespoon icing sugar orÂ to taste
1. Place a muslin cloth in a colander and pour the yoghurt into it, leave to drain out the water for 1-2 hours. (This is called hung yoghurt)
2. Chop up half the berries and put them in a blender, coarse blend them.
3. Transfer the yoghurt to a bowl and add the icing sugar, fold in the blended berries.
4. Transfer to individual serving dishes and garnish with remaining berries.
Creamy delectable substitute for dairy ice cream that tastes delicious without the fat and the added calories.
Preparation time- 10 minutes
Freezing timeÂ – overnight
Serves – 4
3Â Ripe Bananas
2-3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Handful chocolate chip.
1. Peel and chop the bananas, place them in a Tupper ware container and freeze them over night.
2. Place the frozen bananas with the milk and vanilla essence in a mixer/ blender and pulse on high.
3. Spoon the banana ice cream into individual serving bowls and garnish with chocolate chip. Return to freezer for 30 minutes.
Serve with extra banana slices.
NB – Ice cream can be served immediately after blending, but if you would prefer a firmer texture then freezing for 30 minutes after blending will make the ice cream firmer.