A burst of summer freshnessÂ folded into smooth creamy yoghurt.
Preparation Time – 10 minutesÂ (plus 2 hours draining time)
240 ml natural low fat yoghurt
240 grams mixed berries- raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.
2Â tablespoon icing sugar orÂ to taste
1. Place a muslin cloth in a colander and pour the yoghurt into it, leave to drain out the water for 1-2 hours. (This is called hung yoghurt)
2. Chop up half the berries and put them in a blender, coarse blend them.
3. Transfer the yoghurt to a bowl and add the icing sugar, fold in the blended berries.
4. Transfer to individual serving dishes and garnish with remaining berries.
Three Merry Berry Mocktail
A delicious nostalgic Christmas spiced Berry mocktail
For Spiced honey syrup
90 ml water
60 ml light runny honey
2 inch piece of cinnamon
Small pinch cinnamon powder
2 star anise
Â½ teaspoon orange zest
Â½ teaspoon lime zest
10 ml lime juice
25 ml spiced honey syrup (made to above recipe)
60 ml Innocent apple juice
150 ml Innocent apple and Raspberry juice
60 ml soda water
2 star shaped sparklers
2 straws 8 cm long or to fit glass
1 tablespoon pink sugar crystals
1 teaspoon spiced honey syrup
2 orange slices
2 serving glasses
60 ml soda water
Make the spiced honey syrup.
- In a pan add the water, cinnamon stick, cinnamon powder, star anise, cloves and honey.
- Bring the mixture to boil, once boiling reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until all the honey has melted.
- Remove the honey syrup from the heat and leave to cool.
- Once syrup has cooled strain it into a clean jar. Measure out 25 ml for the mocktail and refrigerate the rest for future use
Making the mocktail.
- Hull and roughly chop 2 strawberries and put it into a cocktail shaker, add 6 raspberries and 6 blackberries, orange and lime zest.
- With the help of a wooden muddler crush the berries.
- To the crushed berries add the apple and raspberry juice, apple juice, 25 ml spiced honey syrup, the lime juice and ice. Shake the mocktail and double strain it to remove any seeds.
- Take two serving glasses, coat the outer rim of them with the honey syrup and dip them in pink sugar crystals to form a pink Â rim. Shake off access sugar.
- Dice two strawberries and add them to the 2 glasses.
- Add two whole raspberries and two whole blackberries and a slice of orange to each glass
- Gently pour the prepared mocktail to the glass and top it with some soda water.
- Decoratively cut two slices from the 2 remaining strawberries and perch a slice onto the rim of each glass.
- Thread 1 raspberry and 1 blackberry to the star shaped sparkler, place the end of the sparkler into a straw and place the straw into the mocktail.
Light the sparkler before serving and enjoy Three Merry Berry Mocktail whilst listening to Christmas Carols or sing your own…...
On the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me Three merry berries, 2 bags of spice and a lime in a citrus tree…..