I never liked cooking the yellowy orange fleshed sweet potatoes as I always managed to get them soft and mushy. The white flashed sweet potatoes are very similar to potatoes and I preferred those. However, since my kids have started to cook them as sweet potatoes are healthier than potatoes, I am learning to cook them too and have realised that they taste a lot better than the white flashed sweet potatoes. Here’s a quick and easy recipe for making sweet potato wedges. These can be enjoyed on their own or with baked beans or toasted sandwiches.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
2 medium sized sweet potatoes
1 tsp oil
salt and pepper to taste
dried oregano or basil to garnish (optional)
lemon juice to garnish (optional)
1. Peel and wash the sweet potatoes. Chop them into wedges.
2. Transfer the potatoes to a plastic bag and add the salt and oil to the potatoes. Close the bag and shake so that the oil coats the sweet potatoes.
3. Transfer the sweet potatoes to a pizza tray.
4. Using a sharp knife, prick any wedges that look a bit thick. Cook for 8-10 minutes on 180 degrees (the timings may vary between ovens).
5. After 10 minutes, the wedges should be ready to serve.
© 2015 – 2016, City Connect News. Copyright Notice & Disclaimer are below.