These tasty parathas are perfect with curry, rice and yogurt.
Ingredients for 12-14 Â parathas:
2 cups of chappati flour
2 cups of leaf spinach (fresh or frozen)
2-3 cloves of fresh garlic
1 inch of fresh ginger
2-3 green chillies (or less)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric
2 tbs sesame seeds
2 cups of oil
4. Â Allow this dough to rest for 30 minutes.
5. Â Divide the dough into 12-14 small balls.
6. Â Roll out the balls into smallish circles. Â Don’t make them too thin as they will get very crispy if you roll them out thin.
7. Â Roast these parathas on a hot griddle/frying pan Â turning them occasionally.
8. Â Dip a tablespoon into the cooking oil and lightly rub the oil on both sides of the parathaÂ and cook until golden brown. Â The parathaÂ will puff up so be careful not to press them too hard as the hot air in the parathaÂ could scald you.
9. Â Cook the parathasÂ until they have little brown patches on both sides. Â This proves that the parathasÂ are cooked.
10. Â Finish cooking all the parathasÂ and serve them hot or cold with any curry, pickle or plain yogurt.
© 2021, City Connect News. Copyright Notice & Disclaimer are below.