I used Orgran Buckwheat Pancake mix to make some spicy pancakes. Buckwheat is not a grain but a fruit seed and part of the rhubarb family of plants. This link gives you more information about Buckwheat.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to the mixture and mix it all using a spoon.
3. Add half a cup of water to the mixture and stir.
4. This water should be enough but if you feel that the mixture is thick and you can a couple of tablespoons of water.
5. Grease and heat a non stick frying pan with oil. Rub off the excess oil using a kitchen paper. Pour in a small ladle of the pancake mix and using a tablespoon, spread it into a circle.
6. Once the little air bubbles start to appear, it should be easy to turn the pancake over. If the pancakes feel dry, you can add a couple of drops of oil to allow them to brown.
7. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Finish making all the pancakes in the same manner. I didn’t need to add much oil to the pancakes and they cooked fine and tasted great too.
© 2020, City Connect News. Copyright Notice & Disclaimer are below.