Preparation time â€“ 15 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Makes about 40 small pizza bites
2 sheets of ready rolled puff pastry
2 tablespoon sun dried tomato paste
2 tablespoons tomato puree
Â½ teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Â¼ teaspoon salt
200 grams grated mature cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 180ÂºC.
2. Oil two baking trays and keep aside.
3. In a bowl add the tomato puree, sun dried tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt and chilli flakes and mix well.
4. Open out the ready rolled puff pastry sheets and spreadÂ the tomato filling evenly over both sheets leaving approximate 1 cm rim at one end.
5. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the tomato spread.
6. Using a pastry brush wet the 1cm rim end.
7. From the opposite end tightly roll the pasty to encase the cheese like a roulade.
8. Press down firmly to seal the wet edge.
9. Cut 1cm thick slices of the pastry roll and place the cut slices onto prepared oiled baking tray. (CoverÂ with cling film and freeze for later use at this stage).
10. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until pizza bites are crisp and golden brown.
11. Remove from oven and immediately transfer to serving plate.
Serve with tomato ketchup or chilli dip.
© 2021, City Connect News. Copyright Notice & Disclaimer are below.