Make sure you’re in style this season with our guide on how to update your wardrobe now that Winter is over. The Spring/Summer 2011 designer collections were shown at the end of last year in London, Paris, New York and Milan. These couture creations have filtered down to the high street and now everyone can get their hands on the latest looks to keep up with the ever-changing world of Men’s Fashion. The woven belt below from Ralph Lauren is just one of the hot new styles which have now reached the high street this season.
Here is a full list of the key trends every well-dressed man about town should be sporting this Spring.
- Every man should have a woven belt in his Spring wardrobe – team with jeans or chinos for a casual relaxed style.
- Stay on-trend with leather strap sandals – stick to simple designs to avoid that “gladiator” look!
- Avoid the double denim look – pair denim jeans with soft knitwear or denim jackets with block colour trousers.
- Go for vintage, faded and worn denim to keep up with the latest trends.
- T-shirt with a suit is a key look this Spring but make sure it’s a good quality plain dark t-shirt to keep things smart.
- A linen suit is essential and best kept relaxed so don’t worry about the creases.
- Sports jackets can be worn for a super smart casual look – choose from single breasted or double breasted styles depending on your build.
- Key colours are navy blue and khaki this season.
- Fisherman’s jackets are very in season and are both trendy and practical for those Spring showers.
- Trench coats and stylish macs are also fashionable this season.
- Choose from navy, khaki or bright primary colours.
- Bright and bold knitwear makes a statement this season – choose from either colourful knits (red is a key colour this season) or bold stripes.
- Cardigans follow the statement look and are best worn unbuttoned over a plain t-shirt if you have a broad chest.
- Wear coloured chinos to stay on trend – ditch khaki in favour of fresh bright colours perfect for a summery look.
- Grey jeans were featured heavily in the S/S 2011 collections so buying a pair will keep you part of the in-crowd.
- Smart shirts work best kept paler than pastel – wear with contrasting ties or button up right to the neck to copy the catwalk look.
- Red is hot this season so make sure you have one or two key items in this trendy colour.
Image reproduced from Ralph Lauren
© 2011 – 2013, City Connect News. Copyright Notice & Disclaimer are below.