Creamy and rich cinnamon scented German rice pudding.
90 g / 3 oz basmati rice
600 ml full fat milk
125 ml single cream
90 g / 3 oz sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon Â ground cinnamon
1. Wash the rice and soak it in water for 30 minutes
2. In a very large microwaveable pot pour the milk in.(The milk should only be about 2 inches deep in the pot otherwise it will boil over in microwave)
3. Place the bowl of milk in the microwave and cook Â on high for 15 minutes, stir the milk intermittently at 3 minute intervals.
4. Remove the milk from the microwave and add the sugar and cream and mix well.Return the milk back to the microwave and cook for another 10 minute,stirring intermittently every three minutes.
5.Â Drain the soaked Â rice, add approx 500 ml water to the rice and place the rice on cooker to boil , once the water boils lower the flame and simmer the rice for 10 minutes until most of the water is absorbed and rice is well cooked and mushy.
6.Â With a wooden spoon mash the rice up slightly and remove it from the cooker
7. Remove the milk and cream mixture from the microwave and add the boiled mashed rice to it nad mix well.Add the vanilla essence and mix.
8. Return the rice to the microwave and cook on medium heat for another 10 minutes stirring intermittently every three minutes.
9. Remove the rice pudding from the microwave and leave to cool.
10. Transfer the rice pudding to serving bowls and sprinkle with some ground cinnamon.
11. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
© 2021, City Connect News. Copyright Notice & Disclaimer are below.