A couple of weeks ago I had a Wensleydale cheese and carrot chutney sandwich Â which I really enjoyed. I looked at a few stores to see if this chutney was available to buy but alas no luck. My hubby suggested the following recipe and we rustled it up with just everyday ingredients I had in my cupboard. The chutney turned out fine.
Ingredients for 3 small bottles
- 1200 grams of carrots (got reduced to 100 grams after peeling and cleaning)
- Â½ tsp salt
- Â½ tsp chilly powder
- 2 fresh green chillies
- Â¾ cup sugar
- 5 tbs lemon juice
1. Â Wash and grate the carrots.
2. Â Add the salt and chilly powder to the carrots and stir the mixture. Â Cover the dish and cook in the microwave at 750 watts for 12 minutes, stirring the mixture every 4 minutes.
3. Â Once the carrots soften, add the sugar and cover the dish and cook in the microwave for 4 minutes. Â The sugar will melt and the mixture will become runny but very hot.
4. Â Stir the mixture, cover the dish and cook it for 4 minutes at a time. Â Stir the mixture every 4 minutes. Â Cook 10 minutes. Â Add the lemon juice and chopped green chillies.
5. Â Allow the mixture to cool. Â Do not worry if the mixture feels a bit runny. Â The sugar will cool down and the mixture will thicken.
6. Â When cool transfer to sterilised bottles and keep the chutney in the fridge where it should be fine for a couple of weeks.
© 2021, City Connect News. Copyright Notice & Disclaimer are below.