How do you feel when you look in the mirror each morning? Do you like what you see? What does your skin look like… how does it feel?
My aim is to help you ladies out there to feel confident within your skin. So many magazines promote all sorts of skin care products, your skin IS the most important part of any beauty routine.
Like an artist, his canvas must be flawless before applying any paint. Now I am not suggesting we wear paint, but you know what I mean. For years people have have come up to me and assumed I am at least 20 years younger than my actual age, I would love to let you into my beauty secrets, so you can forget about all the hype and nonsense that play on our insecurities, this is just plain back to the basics stuff.
Beauty really does start from within, trust me you will really notice the difference. Here are my tips for a beautiful bare face:
1. Firstly take at look at what you eat and drink. Eat plenty of fruit and veg every day. Drink plenty of water this boosts the skin leaving it looking replenished and radiant.
2. Exercise will tone your skin and reduce tolerance to stress.
3. Stop smoking, this ages your skin terribly. Smoking starves your skin of oxygen and will age it by ten years.
4. Try to get at least 7 hours sleep. This will help fight against dark circles uner the eyes.
5. Exfoliation is a MUST. It gets rid of dead skin cells that build up, evens your skin tone, brightens skin – I use an everyday one, there are some products you can use once or twice a week depending on your skin type. After exfoliating your face, use cotton wool and tone, then splash your face with cold water 15 times or gently shower your face with cold water for a few seconds. This will tone, tighten, and get rid of sluggish skin leaving it looking healthy and more youthful.
6. Apply your favourite daily moisturiser, use a different product around eye area as the skin around eyes is as thin as a postage stamp and too much moisturiser will leave this area puffy.
7. Apply a lip balm to the lips.
8. Treat yourself to a face mask once a week.
9. To improve your bare face even more, have your eye brows shaped and tinted, you WILL notice a HUGE difference, try having your lashes tinted if you are fair. With an old clean mascara brush, dab a tiny bit of Vaseline on it and once a week when you’re not wearing any eye make-up brush onto lashes – this conditions them and leaves them beautiful when applying your mascara.
10. With an old toothbrush brush lips to exfoliate them and before bed, just like a night cream, apply lip balm to moisturise lips.
Go on! Give it a go. You’ll be pleased with the results… even if I say so myself.
Image reproduced from shesaid.com.au
© 2017 – 2016, City Connect News. Copyright Notice & Disclaimer are below.