Light, soft and fluffy pancakes, served with sweet bananas and chocolate sauce.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
75 g plain flour
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
150 ml milk
Sunflower oil for frying
2 bananas sliced
1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar for dusting.
1. Place the flour, salt and eggs in a large bowl with half the milk.
2. Whisk until the mixture is lump free. Add the remaining milk and whisk again until it forms a lump free batter. (Consistency should be like single cream) Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre and wipe it around with a piece of kitchen paper.
4. Pour a little of the batter into the pan and immediately tilt the pan to spread the batter thinly and evenly over the base.
5. Cook for 2 minutes or until the top is set and the base golden. Turn the pancake over with a spatula to cook this side.
6. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until the base is golden. Transfer to aplate. Repeat process for rest of batter.
1. Place the pancake on a plate.
2. Place a row of banana slices in centre of pancake.
3. Drizzle on some chocolate sauce.
4. Roll up the pan cake and drizzle over some more chocolate sauce and dust with confectioner’s sugar.
© 2012 – 2013, City Connect News. Copyright Notice & Disclaimer are below.
About the Author: Nayna Kanabar is a working professional who has a passion for cooking, an interest in food styling, fruit and vegetable carving, innovative cookery and photography. Having a strong belief in healthy eating and home cooking, Nayna spends much of her spare time in the kitchen preparing and experimenting with wholesome healthy ingredients creating fusion and continental dishes giving them an Indian touch. She also enjoys cooking old family favourites but adapting the recipes and cooking techniques for healthier options to incorporate them into today’s lifestyle whilst taking care not to lose the authenticity of the dish. Click here for her food blog. Follow Nayna on Twitter @SIMPLYF00D