In this week’s Born This Day series, City Connect celebrates the birthday of actress Rosamund Pike who was born on 27 January 1979. She has starred in such films as [...]
Life Coaching & Typology
Life coaching and success coaching are terms used to encompass a variety of different areas including but not limited to:-
- Etiquette in both business and social settings
- Drive and motivation in all aspects of your life
- Relationship advice is the personal and business arenas
- Behavioural recognition
- Social adaptation
Success coaching is also about coping strategies and how to better enhance your life to be the one you both desire and deserve.
Typology on the otherhand is more about personality typing of individuals. Its study can be used as one part of success coaching but typology is an area in it’s own right and stands alone.
In summary, typologists believe people are a combination of either
This results in sixteen different combinations of personality types.
For those of you for whom typology is a novel concept, a good starting point to know more can be found at Wikipedia Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
There are different schools of thought as to whether the entire human race can be broken down into sixteen different types of people. Typology is a good starting point into understanding the human condition, the reasons why people do what they do and how to use the knowledge for better communication and less conflict in all areas of your life.
We will endeavour to describe the 16 different types in this section and how they interact with each other. There is no right or wrong personality type, people are just different which makes life interesting. The 16 personality types experience the world and everything it has to offer in their own unique ways giving us the diversity necessary for life. Although we believe that no type is better than another, we also believe that certain types are better suited to one another be it in a work environment or a love match.
If you wish to know what personality type you are then try this Humanetrics Test.
You can find a summary of our latest articles below. For a full list of articles on life coaching, success coaching and typology, please click here.
- Lead, follow or get out of the way? Some of our readers asked us last week about life strategies and philosophies and thus we are starting a series on coping strategies and relate them to famous people. Thomas Paine, an Englishman who was one of the founding members of the United States of America, made a bold statement once: Lead, follow or get ...
- How Do You Bounce Back When The Chips are Down? Life has a habit of sending us testing situations to navigate during our life. When these things happen it is not always easy to bounce back. Having had a few of these moments in my life I know a thing or two about this. It can be a huge challenge remaining positive when testing times ...
- How to Get More Positive Energy Before we discuss how to get more positive energy it is important to understand exactly what energy is and how it is generated. In short, everything is energy. Your universe is energy, your planet is energy, your body and mind are energy and so are your thoughts. In this article I will only be discussing the ...
- Stress Management, Obesity and Hypertension and How They All Relate Watch a video by Adam Shaw about: Stress Management, Obesity and Hypertension and How They All Relate. In 19 years as a health and well-being professional there has been one common link in all illness. In this video I explain… - the link between stress, hypertension and obesity - how stress works and its effect on your body - how ...
- Power Questions Part 1: What would happen to me if I stopped judging other people? There are many other such questions, though this is a good one to start with. I still find myself judging others occasionally, though this now happens much less since I made a decision to focus more on my actions and less on the actions of ...
Image Reproduced from www.sojump.com